In this course, we will learn to use the visual programming software for Revit.
- What is Dynamo and why you should learn it
- Dynamo Library
- Workspace and 3d preview
3-Visual programming: nodes, wires, data flow.
- What is Visual Programming
- What do nodes represent
- Connecting nodes
- How the information travels through the graph
- Best practice – keeping the graph legible using groups, notes and node names.
4-Data structure – lists
- What are lists
- List operations in Dynamo.
5-Data structure – nested lists
- What are nested lists and how do they get created
- Accessing information from a nested list
- Nested list operations
6-Data structure – lacing
- NURBS vs Mesh vs Hermite Spline
- Line, Polyline and Curve
- Operations on geometry
8-Custom nodes and code block
- Using Package manager to download and publish nodes
10-Designing with Dynamo
- Creating geometry for roof, structure and curtain walls.
11-Interaction with Revit – Structural framing, Adaptive Components
- Translating Dynamo geometry to native Revit elements
12-Interaction with Revit – Colour maps
- Visualizing data in Revit
13-Interaction with Revit – Automation
- Create drawings and sheets
- Create schedules
- Set and export parameters
- Quantifying materials